Chances are you’ve had some networking experiences that left a sour taste in your mouth. Sneak attack sales pitches disguised as friendly check-ins? Corporate style networking? Cringy ‘coffee’ conversations? Pass, pass, pass,
Relationship building is a learned skill that becomes an epic growth tool when done right.
Rather than rack up a load of ‘I’ll scratch your back if you scratch my back’ relationships, your business and audience is better served when your recommendations carry weight.
That’s why you’ll want to grow a powerful network that’s composed of your peer group, your loyal fans and referrers, and people with whom you might do fun one-off collaborations that excite your audience.
This episode is a wake up call packed with tactics on how to build meaningful business relationships and social currency that ACTUALLY feel good, even if you’re an introvert like me.
Inside the episode, I also break down how to use my Adjacent Ask tactic. It’s my go-to formula for calling in aligned opportunities without any awkwardness. You’ll definitely want to snag it to try yourself
Tune in and hear…
- Why your business grows better when you grow with others
- Cringy networking experiences
- Being cautious with your recommendations
- The types of relationships every business owner needs
- Finding your peer group
- Building social currency with aligned collaborations
- An easy tactic to make incredible connections at live events
- What actually makes an ask feel yucky
- How to gracefully give people an out to your ask
OTHER WAYS TO ENJOY THIS EPISODE:
PREVIOUS EPISODE MENTIONED:
Enjoyed this episode? You also might love:
- Ep 204: Time To Rethink Your Relationship With Your Business? Gloria Chou Has Advice
- Ep 200: Navigating Seasons of “Busy” Without Bringing Stress Vibes to Your Work
- Ep 170: How Speaking On Stages Opened Doors They Never Thought Possible
- Ep 148: These 4 CEO Mindset Shifts Have Allowed Me to Grow My Online Business in a Way that Works for My Life
- Ep 77: Do you need a biz bestie? – The Power of Peer Masterminds