How do you navigate running a business while expecting a baby? This podcast episode explores this unique journey, offering practical strategies and fresh ideas.
Real talk – how do you navigate pregnancy (or any big life change) while running a business? Especially one where you travel and speak?
If you’re self-employed planning maternity leave, or if you’re simply looking for strategies to strike a healthier work-life balance, this episode will enlighten, inspire and spark new ideas for you.
I sat down with one of my long-term clients, a successful speaker and trainer, who is ALSO pregnant with TWINS (if you’re new around here, I’m in my third trimester with my THIRD kiddo). Between us we have (or are brewing) 8 kiddos and we’re sharing a candid convo on challenges and realities of juggling motherhood, pregnancy, speaking, digital courses and all things entrepreneurship.
Even if you’re not pregnant, these insights are for anyone craving a good life beyond their business.
In this episode, Ann and I discuss:
- Owning the ‘make it work’ mindset
- Aligning your work schedule with your energy levels
- Making tough choices around your time
- Ann’s surprisingly simple tip to maintain her business boundaries
- Focusing on financial goals over chasing trends
- The real deal with passive income
- Ways to bring more help into your personal life
- Embracing the long game of entrepreneurship
Episode Quick Guide:
- 0:00 Self-Employed Pregnancy and Maternity Leave
- 3:58 Navigating Business and Pregnancy
- 14:18 Transition to Short-Term Projects and Simplify Business Operations
- 20:32 Travel and Work Independently
- 24:58 The Challenges of Performing and Recovering
- 35:31 Balancing Work and Rest in Self-Employment
- 42:06 Simplifying Business and Avoiding Time-Wasting Activities
- 48:31 Shift to Digital Courses
- 58:29 Balancing Personal and Professional Brand
- 1:04:08 Using Your Voice for Marketing Success
OTHER WAYS TO ENJOY THIS EPISODE:
PREVIOUS EPISODE MENTIONED:
Enjoyed this episode? You also might love:
- Episode 201 – From Self-Doubt to Self-Assured: A Pathway to Business Mastery
- Episode 191 – Building a Business with Intention: How to Stay Focused and Avoid Distractions
- Episode 192 – Mastering Your Mindset for Business Success: The 5 Beliefs You Need to Embrace [REMIX]
- Episode 169 – Speaker Series: How 4 Business Owners Leveraged Speaking to Grow
- Episode 148 – These 4 CEO Mindset Shifts Have Allowed Me to Grow My Online Business in a Way that Works for My Life
- Episode 142 – How to Wake Up Well Rested & Have More Energy to Show Up in Your Business with Tanessa Shears
ABOUT ANN K EMERY:
Ann K. Emery is an internationally acclaimed speaker who equips organizations to get their data out of dusty spreadsheets and into real-world conversations.
Each year, she delivers over 100 keynotes, workshops, and webinars with the aim of equipping organizations to visualize data more effectively.
She has been invited to speak in 30 states and 11 countries; 9,000 people have enrolled in her online training academy; and she has consulted to 200 organizations, including the United Nations, Centers for Disease Control, and Harvard University.
She earned a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Virginia and a Master’s degree from George Mason University.
After traveling full-time as a digital nomad, Ann now resides in Florida along with her husband and three children.