Planning can be a brilliant tool, or a form of procrastination.
Visions of what *could* be.
And as we follow the plan, we quickly realize that the ideal map we’ve chosen to follow… looks quite a bit different than the reality we’re faced with.
It happens in our personal lives AND our businesses.
Each year, entrepreneurs take the internet biting walk calendars, post-it notes and colorful pens to dream, map and plan out their perfect year.
And if you’ve been a big planner in the past, yet still aren’t where you set out to be.
This is the episode for you.
The season looks quite a bit different for me with baby #3 coming WAY earlier than expected (irony here is I DEF didn’t plan for THIS)…
But if I were in your shoes (aka not birthing a tiny human), here’s exactly what I’d do to finish the year strong (not coast it through), to set myself up well for the new year.
Tune in and hear…
- What’s turned upside down in Heather’s world, why we took a lil’ break last week + quick update on the babes
- How a ‘true’ deadline gives us clarity to focus on things that are critical to what we’re working on
- Why Planning is just a big fat procrastination tool
- Understanding your responsibility to your audience as an entrepreneur and a thought leader
- 4 Areas of focus to help you end your year strong and set yourself up for 2024 (especially if you have a lot of things going on both in your personal and business life)
OTHER WAYS TO ENJOY THIS EPISODE:
Previous Episode Mentioned:
- Ep 221: Let’s Talk About “Deadlines” & Self-Created Stress
- Ep 216: How Relatable Stories Make You Remarkable Featuring Zafira Rajan
Enjoyed this episode? You also might love:
- Ep 181 – The 4 Business Pillars That Allow Me to Only Need a Hint of Hustle
- Ep 148 – These 4 CEO Mindset Shifts Have Allowed Me to Grow My Online Business in a Way that Works for My Life
- Ep 144 – Personal Breakthroughs That Led to My Best Business Quarter
- Ep 39 – From Average to Unforgettable: 5 Beliefs Separating You From Success