Subscribe to Heather’s YouTube Channel here.
As a speaking coach, I’m good with words.
I used to feel weird saying that, like I was being braggadocious, but now I’m confident in my skills (I mean, if we can’t own the skills we’ve worked hard to master, how can we expect others to believe in us?!)
Seriously. Pass me a mic and I’ll deliver an inspirational pep that will make you laugh, tear up with emotion and teach you something that will stick with you.
BUT, give me a blank piece of paper, or empty google doc and ask me to write a paragraph of inspiration?
I’ll take my seat on the struggle bus.
I’ve learned that it’s one thing to speak words and another to write them.
The former comes naturally for me, the later… I’ve had to develop.
I’ve also learned that it’s the opposite for many… with writing feeling more natural and controlled and speaking… total deer in headlights!
Take my client Zafira Rajan.
She’s literally a professional writer. Words are her jam!
When Amy Porterfield called and asked her to be a keynotes speaker at the 2020 Entrepreneur Experience, she immediately reached out to get help.
Together we infused her personality, natural talents and charming warmth into a signature talk that SLAYED on the digital stage creating a ripple effect she could never have imagined.
And to think, she almost passed the mic on that opportunity (tune into the episode to get the full story)
Today, Zafira is here to share her lessons learned to help you courageously and authentically use your own voice.
- The crossover between speaking and writing, why personality is critical for both
- What exactly is conversion copy and do we really need it?
- Is there a best way to launch? What if it just doesn’t feel right (ie it’s exhausting!)
- How to nail your voice, infuse personality into your copy without sounding so cookie cutter
- How to get the “you’re totally in my head” response from your writing
- Why finding your “weirdness” matters when it comes to connection
- How speaking on Amy Porterfield’s stage became an internal transformation
- Plus we dig into the role of diversity in online marketing, as Zafira shares her direct experience as a woman of color speaking on big stages.
About my guest, Zafira Rajan
Zafira is a strategic launch copywriter and soulful strategist committed to helping coaches and course creators build, grow and scale meaningful digital empires. She helps them get clear on how to share their ideas and communicate why they’re different in a way that authentically connects with the people they most want to serve.
| Connect with Zafira
What is your brand’s core essence? Take the quiz here and learn how to diffuse the top, middle and base notes of your unique blend of strengths into a new marketing ritual that helps you stand out powerfully and consistently.