Leadership is defined simply as influence (John C Maxwell). If you want other people to look to you as an authority and listen to your message, you have to step up and be a leader for other people.
This week I’m sharing with you my interview on the Intentional Optimists Podcast where I share my experience leading teams for the last decade to help you show up as a leader for your audience.
- You have to first be able to lead and manage yourself before you can lead other people.
- Energy comes from within. You create and generate your own energy.
- Double-check your objective and make sure it’s a service-oriented one, not a revenue-generated one.
- Trust yourself and follow your gut even when you’re gonna make somebody else uncomfortable. You have to step up and be that brave person.
- Be more intentional with the words that we use and how we communicate with other people.
- A leader has to be willing to be unliked.
- Set your intentions of how you want to feel and how you want other people to feel.
Check out Andrea’s Podcast: Intentional Optimists – Unconventional Leaders
RELATED / MENTIONED EPISODES: